Friday 25 March 2016

TALES OF A KANO CORPER - WINDOW SHOPPING!!!


The experience I had during my service year has been more than just an adventure.
When I saw my call-up letter I wasn't expecting to be posted to a far away land. When I saw 'KANO' written on my letter I was dazed. But oh well...my response wasn't that bad,I managed to cry for one week,only one week!!! 

 Kano has been fun,even more fun than I expected. I made a bestie and we've had a handful of weird,funny and good experiences. On our way back from our Community Development Service(CDS) we checked into a store full of incredible artifacts. Until that very day,I never really knew the deep art skills the people of Kano had. I kept 'wowing' and 'awwwing' over every little or big thing I saw. Every art work had an incredible uniqueness. I mean!!! I have never been so close to a crocodile my entire life, at least not while it was still alive but I got to hold one,although not a real live one but the difference was that it just had its internal organs removed while the whole body part was still intact. 

I made this post to show you pictures more than words. Take a look at the few things I could capture. Kano has a lot of beautiful things and I advice that you do not hesitate when you ever have the opportunity to visit this rich land!!!

 














No comments:

Post a Comment